Packaging is very essential to every and to any type of industry. Whether you’re in the food business, clothes manufacturing or you’re in the technology industry, packaging is crucial. It protects the product from any potential damage that will deem the product useless. Thus a good packaging system is a must.
Having a high-quality taping machine and a case erector will definitely aid in achieving the very essence of packaging that is to secure the product and to keep its original state or how it was after production. Packaging will only vary in every industry depending on how the product will be marketed. Different industries will definitely use different types of packaging but the objective will still remain constant. As most businessmen would always say packaging can be the difference in successfully shipping a product to the market in one piece or in pieces. Listed below are different types of packaging:
1. Plastic – one of the most common packaging materials used for food products. Resin is most common to plastic packaging as it can be made flexible or rigid depending on the need of packaging. This is commonly used for sodas, milk carton and egg trays. Rigid plastics are usually used for manufacturing food cartons (for to go) and other plastic trays.
2. Metal or Aluminum – this type of packaging is normally used for canned goods, sodas and alcoholic drinks like beer. Although aluminum is good for packaging, challenge is it is quite expensive to make one that is why you would hear people trying to get all the used cans that they can find so that they can have it for recycling.
3. Cardboard – this is used when the product is already wrapped in something that is already well protected and secured. This material is also highly recyclable. This material is also used in manufacturing corrugated boxes. Some products use bubble wrap for protective purposes before putting it in a well-sealed box. Taping machines are commonly used for sealing these corrugated boxes just to make sure that product is delivered in tact.
4. Glass – is frequently used for preserved foods such as jams and honey. This type of packaging is easy to use and can be recycled over and over again. Glass is also used for consumable goods such as sodas, beer and wine. Although this packaging is fragile, it is still widely used across almost all industries.
5. Foam – you would notice this type of packaging on gadgets, TVs, furniture, glass and anything with sharp edges. Foams are custom made to make sure that it fits the product accurately.Packaging is sometimes neglected by companies that are not aware of the benefits and importance of ensuring that the product is received in one piece and not in pieces. But packaging is not just limited to the type used. Having a high quality and dependable packaging system like a taping machine will ensure that product will reach the end of the line in tact.